Monday, September 5

Happy frickin' Labor Day

I'm celebrating Labor Day this year by being at work. We've already had one "fire" this morning, so I'm not especially optimistic for the rest of the day. I want to be with my knit group, not in front of a computer. I want to be knitting and chatting, not grumbling and working. Sigh. C'est la vie, I guess. I *am* getting paid 8 hours holiday pay in addition to my 10 normal hours today.

I need to re-ball my sock yarn before I start my second sock. My ball winder is on its way, but since there's no mail today, it'll be tomorrow at least before I get it. And of course, I won't have much time until Thursday or Friday (as I commute 1h, work 10h, commute 1h). I don't think I'll suffer from SSS (Second Sock Syndrome) as I really enjoyed my first sock. Toes rock.

I'm indentured to the tune of:
One set monster slippers (SNBN)
One pair grey socks with blue toes & heels
One pair tan socks with blue toes & heels

Ben went to 2 LYS's with me this week, and we bought the yarn and needles to complete the above projects. So, those are on my list. I haven't finished the sweater yet -- I'm taking a sock break from the endless stockinette (another 13" of it) for the hood. Eris is waiting for me, too.

No comments: