Tuesday, September 6

What were they thinking?

While waiting for my YouKnitWhat fix, I was looking for sock patterns. I had seen 80 bazillion of the same cuff-down sock pattern, and then... I came across these. Not all sock patterns, but, um... What were they thinking??!?

Ok, these are socks. Socks with loops. For children, supposedly. Obviously for naughty children who don't listen to their parents, because I can't imagine anyone over or under the age of 12 begging mommy for these.


These are called "Knitted Squiggle Beasties", and they give me nightmares just looking at them. Scary otherwordly masses of felted yarn have come to take over the world. I welcome our yarny overlords!

I found these "Sandal socks" to be ... well... um... too much. Obviously, too much is not enough is about all that I can say about these socks. I'd say the 80's called and want their socks back, but I can't remember seeing such. The colors, the patterning, and the BEADS work together to make me hate these socks.



Ok, to leave you scratching your head and sweating profusely from your feet, I present the link to THRUMMED SOCKS. Yes, you heard right. Someone thought wool socks aren't warm enough, double-knit wool socks aren't warm enough either, so let's put wooly bits in them to make the feet feel like they're in an inferno! (Yes, yes, there are parts of the world that would benefit from this, but those places are small and inhabited by snow-people.)

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Well, wow. Aren't those socks purty?

And THRUMMED socks? My god. WHY?!?!?!!?!

LisaB said...

Oh wow those socks are something else. Yikes, I can't believe the one pair is to be worn with sandals.

And yes, Suki is a Shiba Inu!! Their faces are too adorable!

Crazy Colorado Knitter said...

I thought that was a shiba face, lisab!

I still can't believe some of the awfulness that's out there. And how many "basic sock" patterns there are out there, claiming to be Suzie's exclusive, or Mary's special socks...

And how many links pointed to those "thong socks".. ugh. I don't wear flip-flops, I don't need flip-flop socks.

Anne said...

Thrummed socks? Try dog sledding in Leadville at 6 AM when it's -15 (yes it gets that cold HERE)

As for the other socks... I see that I am a maverick... the wilder the socks are the better I like em.... I still have the sandal socks on my to-do list one day.

Maybe I need to bring my 5 color, angora entrelac socks to KWA one weekend?