Wednesday, May 3

Secret Pal 8 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock is my favorite yarn right now. For felting, I like Cascade Pastaza, Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride (and LPB). Please, no microfiber *Splitty, splitty, splitty* and no 100% cotton *hurts my hands*.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have a silk-covered box. It was a gift from my sister-in-law. Actually it was WRAPPING for a gift that my sister-in-law gave to my husband. It's approximately the shape for fireplace matches (weird, but it works well, and I don't lose it).

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

A little over a year. I'd consider myself an intermediate knitter. I've tackled cables, entrelac, fair isle, and felting.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

This Amazon wish list.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Unscented. I wash my clothes in unscented detergent and try not to introduce many extra scents into our house, because my husband has asthma.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

I have a sweet tooth, and love Good'n'Plentys. And of course, chocolate.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I spin. I dye (yarn, fabric). I sew. I quilt. I make stained glass (copper foil and leaded). I turn spindles.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

"Alternative". Top 40. Kinda. People like: Barenaked Ladies, Robbie Williams, Gorillaz, Everclear, Jason Mraz. I can play MP3's.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

I can't stand pink. Especially baby-pink. I like bright, happy colors. Deep jewel tones like raspberry, emerald, and sapphire. Earthy woodsy colors like olive, brown, and deep orange.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Married, 2 cats, 1 small dog (shiba inu).

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Scarves, hats sometimes, mittens never, ponchos never.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I don't have a favorite right now. I want to knit lace soon, but haven't had the inclination.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Socks. For me and the husband.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes. I appreciate the hard work and thought someone has put into making something.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Circulars and DPN's. I love bamboo and wood. I own a Needlemaster, but I still like bamboo

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

1 ball winder, 1 skein winder, 2 swifts.

17. How did you learn to knit?

Books, the Internet.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?

April of last year, when I started knitting. I started knitting a sweater, but it's sitting there in the basket because it's too small and I can't stand to try to finish it. It's mellowing, waiting for me to frog it and rewind the wool.

19. What is your favorite holiday?

I don't really have a favorite holiday. I try to appreciate every day.

20. Is there anything that you collect?

Not really. We (husband and I) collect Chevron Cars, but we've got all of them so far. :)
I have a nice yarn stash, and a nice quilting fabric stash, but those don't usually fall under the guise of "collecting".

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I have subscriptions to Spin Off and Interweave Knits. I'd like to have a reference-type book with lots of stitch patterns in it, though.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I'm always learning new techniques. Lace is on my list, as is moebius knitting.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes. I'd have to find the measurements I made for my last socks. I have relatively large feet (size 9 US).

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

09/13

No comments: